This is my presentation for Teachmeet Edtechroundup Edition #TMETRU09
For more information on Teachmeet visit www.teachmeet.org.uk for more info on Edtechroundup visit http://edtechroundup.wikispaces.com/
You can see info (and some recordings) of my previous Teachmeet contributions here
Both are fantastic CPD communities and opportunities and it’s great to see the two concepts joined together for an evening.
A few ways teachers and students use our VLE (Edtechroundup Teachmeet)
Please see my video presentation below. I used Screenr to record the screencast which limited me to 5 minutes hence the rush at the end. In the video I show different ways our VLE is used.
1. Student blogs – most are just for fun but we’re hoping to have students writing regular book reviews and sports reports in future.
2. As a document/resource repository for lesson or home resources. Many people decry this use as a waste of a VLE. Okay it doesn’t use all of the features and isn’t very interactive or collaborative but is a great place to start and has obvious benefit for teachers of allowing students to access work from home. Especially useful for revision time.
3. For discussion forums – Great for reflection, discussions or just setting open questions. When students post their response the whole class can see it, learn from it and comment on it. When they do it in their exercise books it’s just between them and the teacher.
4. For extracurricular clubs
5. Making students a teacher in their own course – they can then share their notes with classmates and build a collaborative resource to help with revision.
Look forward to hearing your comments and feedback as well as ideas of things you do with your classes.